A recent sighting of poaching activity at one of our waters has prompted this post to give guide lines on how to report the incident.
On visiting my local Police station I have been given details on what information to provide.
- What is/was your exact location at the time of the incident?
- How many poachers are involved?
- Descriptions of the poachers.
- What are the poachers carrying (fishing equipment, Air riffle etc.) at the time of the incident?
- Description of any vehicle the poachers used.
- To the best of your knowledge has this happened before?
- Images if possible.
Do not approach the suspects, and if possible keep out of sight. Always ring 999 if it’s happening there and then or you’re in immediate danger; for a non-emergency call the police on 101 or report it online.